Tuesday 30 April 2013

Post modernity in globalisation

After a lecture on post modernity it got me thinking about how my opinion on globalisation has been influenced by the post modern environment I've grown up in, opposed to someone that grew up before post modernity and globalisation. Post modernity began anywhere between the 1950's and the 1970's, its debatable. The world shifted from rational thought where industrialisation and mass production ruled, to consumption, technology, hyper-reality and popular culture. Having always lived in a society where consumption is everything and we buy because we want not because we need has allowed me to have a positive opinion on globalisation. Due to globalisation I can buy online twenty four hours a day, talk to people on the other side of the world and even blog about globalisation. This post modern environment has therefore allowed me to experience the positives of globalisation and allowed me to discard the negatives. Leaving me with a positive opinion of globalisation and how its shaped the world.  

-Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment